Tuesday 17 September 2019

Susurrations


Tonight!
My heart wishes;
You were with me
And we sleep side by side.

I miss your robes;
The heaven is crystal clear;
The stars and the moon
Enraptured in ecstasy.
Each particle of earth
Sparkles fresh.
But O my helplessness!
Come tonight!
And be my confidant.
Come at last.
Seize! Drunk and rapturous
Clouds rushing your way
Without leaving a trail.
And the droplets of water.
You too come;
Tonight!
We will sing at last,
In each other’s company,
The song of love.
Your body is beautiful
Your look and every act
Is so dear to me.
Your lovely youth ─ a fresh flower
 And your look─ frank and tawny;
Those champak flowers in your hair;
The garland kissing your soft hand;
And a necklace dangling your neck-
O all your decorations
Take away the wires of my heart.
A slight sound
Lost track in the vast horizon.
Come, my little fairy;
Come, my enchantress;
Tonight!
I wish you too were with me.

 By Meeraji
©Translation by Ashaq Hussain Parray



No comments:

Post a Comment

Gone are the days by Mirza Ghalib

Gone are the days when I would  smell your fragrance And remember your face at the sight of a flower                                ...